Expert Fire Damage Cleanup in Downtown Chicago Saves Money
Our certified team makes fire damage in Chicago “Like it never even happened.”
Restorative Cleaning by SERVPRO Reduces the Fire Restoration Cost in Downtown Chicago
Professional cleaning and restoration services can help you reduce the cost of a fire damage claim in Downtown Chicago. Rather than relying solely on replacing or resurfacing a fire-damaged item, professionals focus on restorative cleaning techniques to get the materials to preloss condition. Cleaning and restoration services often cost only a fraction of replacement or resurfacing, thereby saving on damage claims.
SERVPRO techs apply certain principles and elements of cleaning during fire damage restoration of your Downtown Chicago property. A successful restorative cleaning requires the official SERVPRO Downtown Operator to thoroughly know the effects of fire and smoke on various surfaces.
Principles of Cleaning Used During House Fire Cleanup
SERVPRO has developed an industry-leading scientific fire damage restoration system that closely adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The basic principles of our restorative cleaning strategy include-
- Locating the smoke and soot residue by thoroughly inspecting the affected area. The inspection starts at the source of the fire, and the restorers trace how far the smoke has moved.
- Identifying the type of smoke residue comes next. Not all smoke residues are alike and different types of smoke residues can exist in the same loss environment. Identifying the residue is crucial to pick the correct cleaning method that is effective and efficient.
- Identifying the types of surfaces affected by fire damage is equally important. Depending on the type and porosity of the surface, the SERVPRO restorers decide which cleaning method and products are suitable.
- As the smoke residues bind to the surfaces they contact, the following principle involves identifying a technique to capture the residue using an appropriate wet or dry cleaning method.
- Once the residue is captured, it needs to be disposed of, and the debris and cleaning waste.
Cleaning Actions SERVPRO Techs Use to Dislodge Soils from Surfaces
The restorative cleaning process must break the bonds between the soils and the surfaces. SERVPRO techs use four cleaning actions to break the bonds and dislodge the soils from various surfaces.
- Mechanical action: It is one of the most effective ways of dislodging soil from a surface. Cleaning dry, non-greasy residues is most effective using mechanical action. However, SERVPRO techs routinely use this cleaning method to pre-clean excess residue before using other cleaning methods.
- Lubrication: Lubrication aims to reduce the force of attraction between the soil particles and the surfaces by using lubricating agents like detergents.
- Chemical action: In some cases, the soils need to be chemically altered before being removed from a fire-damaged surface. Enzyme cleaners and bleaching agents change the chemical structure of the soil, making it easy to remove.
- Suspension and dispersion: One of the most common cleaning actions is loosening the smoke and soot residues and suspending or dispersing them in a cleaning product.
- Dissolving the soil with solvent: Solvents are cleaning agents that are not water-based and are used when water-based cleaning agents might cause damage to the surfaces. SERVPRO techs use Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved solvents during the restorative cleaning.
Involving the professionals as soon as possible can prevent any long-term damage to your Downtown Chicago home. SERVPRO works hard to restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
If you need assistance with restoration after fire damage, call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236; after all, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water Damage in Downtown Chicago Needs Professional Mitigation
SERVPRO works swiftly to provide fast and efficient water damage restoration in your Chicago home.
What Makes SERVPRO a Premier Water Damage Mitigation Service in Downtown Chicago?
Apart from ruining your property, water damage at your Downtown Chicago home can disrupt your normal lifestyle leading to stress and uncertainty. Professionals can help get your water-damaged home back in order and ease some of that stress. However, it is crucial to pick a restoration service that is experienced, qualified, dedicated, and driven.
SERVPRO’s team of highly trained technicians has a focused approach to water damage mitigation in Downtown Chicago that is both fast and effective. Our technicians adhere to the standards recommended by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) throughout the process. The Official SERVPRO Downtown Operators make the process as transparent as possible and keep you in the loop at every level, so you know the actual state of progress.
Remediation Procedures for Water Cleanup
Water damage restoration involves several work activities in a highly synchronized manner. Once the SERVPRO techs arrive at the site, they set up a staging area from where all the restoration activities are coordinated. We put a lot of stock in organizing the staging area for improved efficiency.
The remediation procedures involve the following steps:
- Ensuring the safety of occupants and workers: Some water damage instances contain significantly contaminated (Category 2) or grossly contaminated (Category 3) water requiring special safety considerations. While gloves are usually enough for Category 2, Category 3 water requires more extreme measures, including evacuation of occupants and PPE suits for workers.
- Establishing engineering controls: It is crucial to limit the spread of contamination to unaffected areas of the building, and to minimize this cross-contamination, SERVPRO techs establish appropriate engineering controls. Containment chambers equipped with negative air machines (NAM) are set up to limit the flow of the contaminated air.
- Extraction of water: Standing water, if present from storm damage, needs to be extracted along with any solid waste, silt, and debris. SERVPRO techs use extractors, submersible, and trash pumps to get the job done.
- Humidity control: Techs install dehumidifiers to control the humidity and minimize moisture migration, potential secondary damage, and microbial amplification.
- Cleaning and decontaminating: Pressure washing, wet cleaning, and HEPA vacuuming is done to clean and decontaminate the exposed materials. If the decontamination is not accomplished by cleaning alone, techs use appropriate biocides.
Equipment SERVPRO Techs Use During Water Mitigation
SERVPRO techs can have fast and efficient water mitigation in your Downtown Chicago home using several industry-grade equipment and products capable of handling all size disasters.
- Inspection devices such as moisture sensors and Thermal imaging cameras help restorers locate the areas of the structure into which moisture has intruded. Moisture sensing devices also allow the restorers to track the progress of the remediation process.
- Extraction equipment like extraction units and pumps are an integral part of the restoration process.
- Air movers (producing high-velocity airflow) enhance evaporation by introducing airflow at the surface level, replacing the cool, saturated boundary layer with warmer, drier air from dehumidifiers while sweeping water molecules into the air.
- Dehumidifying equipment extracts the excess moisture from the air reducing the humidity ratio to speed up the drying process.
SERVPRO is committed to serving the Downtown Chicago community with industry-leading restoration and mitigation service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and work tirelessly to get the job done the right way. From small spills, major plumbing failure, to stormwater flooding, you can rely on us to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236 with any questions or queries. Our techs are available 24/7 to assist you.
It Pays to Hire Pros for Mold Damage Repair in Downtown Chicago
When you discover mold damage in your Chicago home, contact SERVPRO. We are Here to Help.
How Do SERVPRO Experts Handle Mold Damage Remediation in Downtown Chicago?
Discovering mold damage in your Downtown Chicago home is not a pleasant experience. Unmitigated mold can wreak havoc on your property and cause structural damage. Professionals like SERVPRO have the training, skill, and tools to get your home back to preloss condition while maintaining high safety standards.
The primary goal of SERVPRO during the mold damage repair of your Downtown Chicago property is to clean the contamination and remediate the conditions that cause the mold to spread. Microbes, including mold spores, are an integral part of our indoor environment, and no amount of mitigation can guarantee their complete removal. Consequently, Official SERVPRO Downtown Operators implement cleaning strategies and measures that eliminate visible mold and prevent their growth beyond normal levels. We work hard to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Principles of Professional Mold Removal
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) suggests five general principles to remediate mold-contaminated structures and materials. SERVPRO is one of the few restorers in the Downtown Chicago area that implements IICRC recommendations as closely as possible. Applying these principles requires the SERVPRO techs to adopt a multi-disciplinary approach that involves collaborating with Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) professionals and Indoor Environmental Professionals (IEP).
The five principles of remediation include:
- Providing for the safety of Occupants and workers: The safety of our techs and the occupants is a top priority for SERVPRO. Hence, we employ a combination of engineering controls and specialized work practices for activities that disturb mold to limit the risk of exposure.
- Documenting the conditions and work process: The IICRC asserts that an effective mold remediation plan can’t be developed without determining the extent of the damage. SERVPRO techs often take help from Indoor Environmental Professionals sampling, testing, and subsequent assessment of the scope of mold infestation.
- Controlling the contamination at its source: Aerosolized mold spores are tough to capture, and hence restorers work hard to maintain the contamination as close to its source as possible. SERVPRO techs often use source containment to prevent the dispersal of mold spores during the mold removal process.
- Physically removing the contamination: In contrast to some restorers, SERVPRO techs rely on removing the contamination rather than killing or encapsulating to solve the problem. Physical removal is one method that can minimize the chances of recontamination. Some mold remediation methods do include salvaging infested materials.
- Correct the moisture problem to prevent recontamination: Mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled as spores are everywhere at background levels. SERVPRO understands that moisture problems must be identified, corrected, and managed as soon as possible for effective remediation.
Why are Engineering Controls Important?
SERVPRO techs often use meticulous engineering controls to prevent cross-contamination and assure worker safety. According to the IICRC, engineering controls are the first line of defense for ensuring the safety of workers and occupants and should include the following:
- Isolation of affected areas by erecting physical barriers using polyethylene sheeting material.
- During remediation, HVAC registers, building openings, and fixtures are often sealed off.
- Pressure differentials control the airflow between contaminated and uncontaminated building regions. A pressure differential of ≥ 5 Pascals (0.02 inches of water gauge) is usually set up to prevent the migration of spores.
SERVPRO stands out among other restoration companies thanks to our scientific, no-nonsense, transparent approach and excellent customer service.
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236; We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Can SERVPRO Do for Flood Damage Victims in Downtown Chicago?
Storm damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. We are ready at a moment's notice to help you out.
We Can Offer These Residents a Wide Range of Flood Damage Remediation Services.
When Downtown Chicago homeowners experience flood damage, they often call a reputable biohazard cleaning company like SERVPRO for assistance. We are usually their first choice because of our extensive training, nearly twenty years of experience, cutting-edge equipment, and vast service offerings.
We perform the following work to clean up and restore flood-damaged homes:
- Flood water removal services employing high-powered water extractors to complete water clean-up efforts rapidly
- Professional removal of hazardous wastes like toxic chemicals and sewage, as well as thorough home disinfection with state-of-the-art foggers and EPA-approved disinfectants
- Water damage remediation using advanced air movers, dehumidifiers, and innovative Injectidry systems
- Water damage repairs ranging from minor fixes to extensive rebuilds
- Home deodorization with commercial-grade deodorants
As you can see, regardless of the severity of your case, SERVPRO is your one-stop source for high-quality water damage remediation work.
With all that said, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale if your home ever suffers flood damage. As your helpful neighbors, we want to help return your residence to its pre-flood condition as soon as possible. Call us anytime at (630) 830-6236 for assistance.
You Need an Expert to Perform Fire Damage Restoration in Your Carol Stream Home
We can salvage your Carol Stream home following fire damage.
SERVPRO Performs Fire Restoration in Carol Stream Promptly
Fires are a source of great losses to homeowners, which is why many feel tempted to tackle fire damage by themselves to save some money. However, this is a job that only experienced individuals should carry out.
SERVPRO knows this and has thus brought together a team of experts who can perform fire restoration in your Carol Stream house in the shortest time possible. Some of the reasons why you should not attempt to complete the repairs yourself are:
- There is a high possibility of being exposed to hidden health hazards.
- You need special equipment that you might not have, but SERVPRO has it.
- There is a chance of discarding items and goods that professional restorers can salvage.
- The process of recovery might take longer than you anticipated.
Our SERVPRO technicians make sure your house is secure before we do anything by boarding up parts that were burnt down and immediately tarping the roof and windows to avoid weather damage. Our electric submersible pumps come in handy when extracting the water left behind by the fire suppression system or the firefighters to prevent the escalation of the disaster.
Our SERVPRO restorers are skilled in removing smoke and soot from the affected surfaces. We also use various professional products to remove the smoky smell associated with smoke residues and create a habitable environment in the process. The products bring about different deodorizing actions. For instance, we can use odor counteracting beads to eliminate the smells. They are made with a specially treated porous material permeated with solvent-based counteractants. These products are masking agents that work by time release. They give off appealing fragrances to freshen up the area restorers are treating.
If odors remain after we have used other deodorization procedures, we can seal the affected surfaces. We apply sealants to the surfaces to encapsulate the remaining odor residues.
Restoring your house after a fire is a task requiring efficiency. You should contact SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236. We aim to make fire damage seem “Like it never even happened.”
Prepare for Possible Water Damage in a West Chicago Food Processing Plant
SERVPRO's ERP Plan can prevent or at least mitigate water damage to your Chicago area warehouse, office, or retail shop.
The ERP Plan Can Help Minimize Chicago Water Damage
West Chicago is home to several large commercial food processing firms. The work in a meat processing plant requires pure, clean water in large quantities. If a leak or break results in water intrusion into the production areas, health and safety concerns demand that the water damage is remediated fast. Our experienced work crews are up to the challenge.
When cracked or corroded plumbing causes water damage in your West Chicago business, you must act immediately or risk a shutdown. Working hand in hand with our recovery and restoration experts even before the water failure event is the wisest course. The more we know about your business beforehand, the swifter and more focused our response.
Effective damage remediation requires first that the main source of the water be shut off. Then our crews get to work removing water with truck-mounted pumps and high-efficiency extractors. We can work even if the electricity is shut down for a time at your plant because we carry power generators with us. If you and our sales rep developed a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Plan (ERP) before the water emergency, our team is much better prepared to find and remove all water and then get on with the tasks of drying out your commercial space.
Once the standing water is evacuated, commercial-sized air movers and dehumidifiers aim to reduce air and structural moisture levels to normal readings. During our assessment of your plant for the ERP, we note the type of building materials that will be soaked if flooding or leaking occurs. We are armed with the industry’s recommendations for drying targets given your company’s situation and work ceaselessly to achieve it if the worst happens.
The ERP provides us with floor plans, the location of utility lines and shutoffs, and the names and contacts of your vital contractors. To be sure that no time is lost, you designate trusted employees or executives to approve calling and engaging our services. SERVPRO emphasizes to business owners that speed is of the highest importance when dealing with water damage. If we demonstrate you chose us as your approved restoration contractor, we can get on with the work of remediating the water damage in your factory or other business without losing valuable time. A seamless effort from water removal to reconstruction.
You are given a chance to communicate with us how your business works and your preferred priorities when restoration of your water-damaged premises begins. We can walk you through every step needed to return your business to its preloss condition, ready to continue production. We can develop options to keep at least part of your business running while we restore the rest.
SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale prepares every day to be ready for the opportunity to serve you should a water damage disaster occur. Contact us at (630) 830-6236 so we can work together to create a plan that minimizes your business's time while recovering from various emergencies.
Finding and Controlling Mold Damage in Carol Stream Homes
Rely on the AMRT specialists from SERVPRO to restore your mold damaged Carol Stream home.
Professional Mold Remediation Mitigates Damage
Numerous species of molds can be found in Carol Stream, including black, green, orange, brown, and white. Outdoors, mold has a significant role in the natural breakdown of plant matter. It often begins as a stringy slime, although it can also appear in the form of a powdery substance, like mildew. Black mold has the reputation, though unjustly, of having the most significant impact on your home but addressing it requires professional restoration services.
SERVPRO has experienced mold damage remediation experts in Carol Stream that can arrive promptly to control the growth. Mold can develop incredibly fast, forming a colony in as little as 2 days after initial contact with a surface. Our products are designed to reverse the damage quickly and efficiently, leaving you with a cleaner living space.
These fungi require a water source to proliferate. Basements, crawl spaces, attics, wall interiors, and chimneys are all areas where water can intrude. Condensation can also occur when the house has excessive humidity, providing favorable conditions for mold growth. Most living things produce organic compounds that the mold uses as food sources. Everything from wood to skin cells can supply the necessary nutrients for mold growth.
Residential buildings have many areas that are conducive for mold to develop. The good news is that there are specific steps you can take to limit their growth. Total eradication is impossible though a professional restoration company like SERVPRO comes close. We have trained AMRT-applied microbial remediation technicians ready to grapple with an unwanted infestation.
Basements, in particular, should have a proper ventilation system for pushing water vapor out and bringing in fresh air. A circulation fan or dehumidifier can help eliminate excessive moisture without windows. Foundation cracks also provide an ideal habitat for mold growth. SERVPRO experts can seal your foundation's doors, window frames, and corner locations to prevent rainwater from penetrating inside and causing mold damage.
Mold can be unsightly and can cause structural damage. SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale is dedicated to eliminating all signs of mold damage and limiting future growth on your property. For assistance, call us today at (630) 830-6236.
Tips for Preventing Water Damage to Carol Stream Homes
When your property is facing a pipe break, team SERVPRO is standing by 24/7 with trained personnel and equipment to handle the emergency. Call us now.
Make sure you have a plan when it comes to your Carol Stream home water damage.
Many types of water damage are preventable, including unplanned issues such as pipe breaks and appliance failures. It is also vital to have a plan of action in place if water loss occurs, such as making sure each member of the family knows the location of the main water turn-off for the home.
SERVPRO technicians handle all sizes of water damage in Carol Stream homes. When they are scoping the property to determine the scale of the loss, they also look for ways to protect both the interior and exterior of the property in the future. Contact our office for information regarding the ERP Emergency READY Profile Plan, a mobile app that can mitigate and also prevent water damaging events.
The technicians bring a combination of extensive continued education in the restoration sciences and compassion to every job site. The goal is always to limit loss through the use of their advanced equipment and methods.
Drainage Around Your Property is Essential
Clogged gutters are a significant component of water damage to a home. When the water cannot leave the gutters properly, it backs up, and when the added element of ice and snow gets added - the gutter can get pushed away from the roof, causing leaks that allow water into the home. Either clean your gutters or have them professionally cleaned once a year to avoid these issues. Downspout water drainage should be five to ten feet away from the property.
Test Your Sump Pump
When a sump pump gets installed, homeowners rely on it to remove water. It is a good idea to test your sump pump every six months to a year and ensure it is in top working order. SERVPRO techs have submersible pumps that can deal with large amounts of water loss when sump pumps fail.
Inspect Your Property
Look for leaks once a month. Make a list and check each room in your home, fixture, open cabinets, and look at the pipes under sinks. Look for water spots, a musty odor, and buckled sheetrock to catch leaks before they drench the property. When signs of damage from water get identified, contact SERVPRO to dry and restore the areas.
SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236 when you need fast assistance for water damage. The techs arrive quickly and clean up the water loss, so your home is left "Like it never even happened."
Pop Up Pool Floods House in Carol Stream
Dealing with flooding after an above ground pool splits can often be overwhelming. Call SERVPRO and we will be on the scene quickly to mitigate.
Technicians at SERVPRO Arrive Equipped to Dry Out Your House After a Flooding Incident
During hot summer days, it is difficult to deflect the pleas of little ones who want to cool off in a backyard pool. Options are available that set up quickly and hold enough water to ease those afternoon hot waves. When the unexpected happens, and the pool water flows into your living area, SERVPRO has the experience and a plan to abate the backyard flood.
In-ground pools are expensive and used only a few months out of the year in our climate. Your family took advantage of a sale on a large above-ground pool, and the good times were rolling until the pool structure split. The resulting flood damaged your Carol Stream home, sending nearly 3000 gallons of water into your walkout family room and utility areas.
As with any flood, SERVPRO technicians arrive with powerful truck mounted pumps and water extractors. If the force of the water knocks out electrical power in your house temporarily, we are set to go. Our crew assures itself that the circuits in the basement are shut off for safety, and work to extract the flooding. Once the majority of water is gone, rely on our trained technicians to turn to high-efficiency water vacuums, systematically extracting residual moisture from your family room carpet. Care must be taken not to stretch the carpeting, and to gain access top and bottom for air movers, we may lift it after extraction.
Summer can be a high humidity season in Chicago’s Western suburbs, urging our work crew to measure moisture levels carefully once the drying cycle begins. Central air conditioning helps reduce moisture, but we often add dehumidifiers to speed the reduction. The contents of your backyard pool are considered slightly contaminated, gray water which has the potential to accelerate mold growth. The faster SERVPRO reduces the overall moisture content in your family room, the better.
We evaluate the furnishings, toys, books, and electronics in the path of the flood for water damage, staging any that need special attention off the carpet in the utility area or the garage. Non porous items can be towel dried, but documents or books may need evaluation for freeze drying, a procedure that removes water vapor without saturating the paper. This strategy is a somewhat costly procedure, so we work with you to choose the most important papers and books to recover.
Do not let a sunny afternoon at the pool destroy your summer. If pool malfunctions flood your basement, SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale is ready to help. Call (630) 830-6236 for a speedy restoration.
Large Loss Water Removal for Carol Stream Offices
When your commercial property needs water removal and drying assistance, SERVPRO is the company that you need. We are standing by 24/7.
Special Equipment for Water Removal Services
Commercial properties are a growing part of the Carol Stream community and are as susceptible to water damage as the thousands of residences we serve. With Large Loss recovery, especially with focuses like water removal, there are varying levels of action that must be taken. Water removal services consist of three distinct stages of damage:
- Surface water
- Trapped moisture
- Environmental moisture content
Water removal for Carol Stream offices and commercial structures requires several types of special equipment and tools. Large Loss projects require a higher production value for the equipment used, as the square footage is often much more considerable. With surface water threats, we can utilize our fleet's most powerful extraction device, the truck-mounted, engine-driven pump.
Trailered equipment is beneficial to the Large Loss recovery team, as they can hook vehicles up to these industrial-grade units and reach damaged sites quickly. Generators are particularly valuable to recovering water-damaged offices, as they can supply the needed power to many of the smaller tools used for restoration. In water removal terms, this can provide needed electricity for light wands, wet vacuums, and electric sump pumps.
Removing Humidity on a Broad Scale
Water removal also refers to the efforts made to reduce environmental moisture. Damp atmospheres are ideal for mold development, so we lean on trailered equipment like our desiccant dehumidifier with quick connect, lay-flat hoses for a fast roll-out into the building to provide dehumidification on multiple levels and multiple rooms of the facility as needed.
However water removal is needed in a business, our SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale team has the tools to help. We appreciate the urgency of getting your company running normally again, so we are ready to get mitigation and restoration started 24/7 at the first notice of loss. Call today at (630) 830-6236.