Water Damage in Downtown Chicago Needs Professional Mitigation
SERVPRO works swiftly to provide fast and efficient water damage restoration in your Chicago home.
What Makes SERVPRO a Premier Water Damage Mitigation Service in Downtown Chicago?
Apart from ruining your property, water damage at your Downtown Chicago home can disrupt your normal lifestyle leading to stress and uncertainty. Professionals can help get your water-damaged home back in order and ease some of that stress. However, it is crucial to pick a restoration service that is experienced, qualified, dedicated, and driven.
SERVPRO’s team of highly trained technicians has a focused approach to water damage mitigation in Downtown Chicago that is both fast and effective. Our technicians adhere to the standards recommended by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) throughout the process. The Official SERVPRO Downtown Operators make the process as transparent as possible and keep you in the loop at every level, so you know the actual state of progress.
Remediation Procedures for Water Cleanup
Water damage restoration involves several work activities in a highly synchronized manner. Once the SERVPRO techs arrive at the site, they set up a staging area from where all the restoration activities are coordinated. We put a lot of stock in organizing the staging area for improved efficiency.
The remediation procedures involve the following steps:
- Ensuring the safety of occupants and workers: Some water damage instances contain significantly contaminated (Category 2) or grossly contaminated (Category 3) water requiring special safety considerations. While gloves are usually enough for Category 2, Category 3 water requires more extreme measures, including evacuation of occupants and PPE suits for workers.
- Establishing engineering controls: It is crucial to limit the spread of contamination to unaffected areas of the building, and to minimize this cross-contamination, SERVPRO techs establish appropriate engineering controls. Containment chambers equipped with negative air machines (NAM) are set up to limit the flow of the contaminated air.
- Extraction of water: Standing water, if present from storm damage, needs to be extracted along with any solid waste, silt, and debris. SERVPRO techs use extractors, submersible, and trash pumps to get the job done.
- Humidity control: Techs install dehumidifiers to control the humidity and minimize moisture migration, potential secondary damage, and microbial amplification.
- Cleaning and decontaminating: Pressure washing, wet cleaning, and HEPA vacuuming is done to clean and decontaminate the exposed materials. If the decontamination is not accomplished by cleaning alone, techs use appropriate biocides.
Equipment SERVPRO Techs Use During Water Mitigation
SERVPRO techs can have fast and efficient water mitigation in your Downtown Chicago home using several industry-grade equipment and products capable of handling all size disasters.
- Inspection devices such as moisture sensors and Thermal imaging cameras help restorers locate the areas of the structure into which moisture has intruded. Moisture sensing devices also allow the restorers to track the progress of the remediation process.
- Extraction equipment like extraction units and pumps are an integral part of the restoration process.
- Air movers (producing high-velocity airflow) enhance evaporation by introducing airflow at the surface level, replacing the cool, saturated boundary layer with warmer, drier air from dehumidifiers while sweeping water molecules into the air.
- Dehumidifying equipment extracts the excess moisture from the air reducing the humidity ratio to speed up the drying process.
SERVPRO is committed to serving the Downtown Chicago community with industry-leading restoration and mitigation service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and work tirelessly to get the job done the right way. From small spills, major plumbing failure, to stormwater flooding, you can rely on us to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236 with any questions or queries. Our techs are available 24/7 to assist you.
Expert Fire Damage Cleanup in Downtown Chicago Saves Money
Our certified team makes fire damage in Chicago “Like it never even happened.”
Restorative Cleaning by SERVPRO Reduces the Fire Restoration Cost in Downtown Chicago
Professional cleaning and restoration services can help you reduce the cost of a fire damage claim in Downtown Chicago. Rather than relying solely on replacing or resurfacing a fire-damaged item, professionals focus on restorative cleaning techniques to get the materials to preloss condition. Cleaning and restoration services often cost only a fraction of replacement or resurfacing, thereby saving on damage claims.
SERVPRO techs apply certain principles and elements of cleaning during fire damage restoration of your Downtown Chicago property. A successful restorative cleaning requires the official SERVPRO Downtown Operator to thoroughly know the effects of fire and smoke on various surfaces.
Principles of Cleaning Used During House Fire Cleanup
SERVPRO has developed an industry-leading scientific fire damage restoration system that closely adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The basic principles of our restorative cleaning strategy include-
- Locating the smoke and soot residue by thoroughly inspecting the affected area. The inspection starts at the source of the fire, and the restorers trace how far the smoke has moved.
- Identifying the type of smoke residue comes next. Not all smoke residues are alike and different types of smoke residues can exist in the same loss environment. Identifying the residue is crucial to pick the correct cleaning method that is effective and efficient.
- Identifying the types of surfaces affected by fire damage is equally important. Depending on the type and porosity of the surface, the SERVPRO restorers decide which cleaning method and products are suitable.
- As the smoke residues bind to the surfaces they contact, the following principle involves identifying a technique to capture the residue using an appropriate wet or dry cleaning method.
- Once the residue is captured, it needs to be disposed of, as debris and cleaning waste.
Cleaning Actions SERVPRO Techs Use to Dislodge Soils from Surfaces
The restorative cleaning process must break the bonds between the soils and the surfaces. SERVPRO techs use four cleaning actions to break the bonds and dislodge the soils from various surfaces.
- Mechanical action: It is one of the most effective ways of dislodging soil from a surface. Cleaning dry, non-greasy residues is most effective using mechanical action. However, SERVPRO techs routinely use this cleaning method to pre-clean excess residue before using other cleaning methods.
- Lubrication: Lubrication aims to reduce the force of attraction between the soil particles and the surfaces by using lubricating agents like detergents.
- Chemical action: In some cases, the soils need to be chemically altered before being removed from a fire-damaged surface. Enzyme cleaners and bleaching agents change the chemical structure of the soil, making it easy to remove.
- Suspension and dispersion: One of the most common cleaning actions is loosening the smoke and soot residues and suspending or dispersing them in a cleaning product.
- Dissolving the soil with solvent: Solvents are cleaning agents that are not water-based and are used when water-based cleaning agents might cause damage to the surfaces. SERVPRO techs use Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved solvents during the restorative cleaning.
Involving professionals as soon as possible can prevent any long-term damage to your Downtown Chicago home. SERVPRO works hard to restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
If you need assistance with restoration after fire damage, call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236; after all, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
It Pays to Hire Pros for Mold Damage Repair in Downtown Chicago
When you discover mold damage in your Chicago home, contact SERVPRO. We are Here to Help.
How Do SERVPRO Experts Handle Mold Damage Remediation in Downtown Chicago?
Discovering mold damage in your Downtown Chicago home is not a pleasant experience. Unmitigated mold can wreak havoc on your property and cause structural damage. Professionals like SERVPRO have the training, skill, and tools to get your home back to preloss condition while maintaining high safety standards.
The primary goal of SERVPRO during the mold damage repair of your Downtown Chicago property is to clean the contamination and remediate the conditions that cause the mold to spread. Microbes, including mold spores, are an integral part of our indoor environment, and no amount of mitigation can guarantee their complete removal. Consequently, Official SERVPRO Downtown Operators implement cleaning strategies and measures that eliminate visible mold and prevent their growth beyond normal levels. We work hard to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Principles of Professional Mold Removal
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) suggests five general principles to remediate mold-contaminated structures and materials. SERVPRO is one of the few restorers in the Downtown Chicago area that implements IICRC recommendations as closely as possible. Applying these principles requires the SERVPRO techs to adopt a multi-disciplinary approach that involves collaborating with Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) professionals and Indoor Environmental Professionals (IEP).
The five principles of remediation include:
- Providing for the safety of Occupants and workers: The safety of our techs and the occupants is a top priority for SERVPRO. Hence, we employ a combination of engineering controls and specialized work practices for activities that disturb mold to limit the risk of exposure.
- Documenting the conditions and work process: The IICRC asserts that an effective mold remediation plan can’t be developed without determining the extent of the damage. SERVPRO techs often take help from Indoor Environmental Professionals sampling, testing, and subsequent assessment of the scope of mold infestation.
- Controlling the contamination at its source: Aerosolized mold spores are tough to capture, and hence restorers work hard to maintain the contamination as close to its source as possible. SERVPRO techs often use source containment to prevent the dispersal of mold spores during the mold removal process.
- Physically removing the contamination: In contrast to some restorers, SERVPRO techs rely on removing the contamination rather than killing or encapsulating to solve the problem. Physical removal is one method that can minimize the chances of recontamination. Some mold remediation methods do include salvaging infested materials.
- Correct the moisture problem to prevent recontamination: Mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled as spores are everywhere at background levels. SERVPRO understands that moisture problems must be identified, corrected, and managed as soon as possible for effective remediation.
Why are Engineering Controls Important?
SERVPRO techs often use meticulous engineering controls to prevent cross-contamination and assure worker safety. According to the IICRC, engineering controls are the first line of defense for ensuring the safety of workers and occupants and should include the following:
- Isolation of affected areas by erecting physical barriers using polyethylene sheeting material.
- During remediation, HVAC registers, building openings, and fixtures are often sealed off.
- Pressure differentials control the airflow between contaminated and uncontaminated building regions. A pressure differential of ≥ 5 Pascals (0.02 inches of water gauge) is usually set up to prevent the migration of spores.
SERVPRO stands out among other restoration companies thanks to our scientific, no-nonsense, transparent approach and excellent customer service.
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236; We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water Cleanup of Carpeted Homes in Downtown Chicago
SERVPRO restores storm-damaged homes and businesses in Downtown Chicago.
Fast Water Extraction in Downtown Chicago
Water leaks caused by storms passing through Downtown Chicago can damage flooring and contents. Many of our customers are surprised to learn that water damage to carpeted floors can lead to the weakening of the subfloor and replacement of the carpet and underpad if water removal and drying are not undertaken immediately.
SERVPRO responds within four hours of your call for Downtown Chicago water cleanup after a storm or major water line break. Our team can provide emergency board-up services and install weighted water extractors, dehumidifiers, and high-capacity air movers to remove water and moisture from your home or office.
Water from storms leaking into your home or from plumbing leaks can damage carpets in several ways if the water is not immediately removed. Typically, if this is Black Water, contaminated with biohazardous elements, the carpet must be discarded.
- Separation of the carpet's secondary and primary backing, referred to as delamination
- Latex glues deteriorate and may cause delamination in high-traffic areas
- Water can also cause glued-down carpets to separate from the floor leading to bubbling
- Padding may break apart when wet and need to be replaced
- Subfloors exposed to moisture for longer periods can lose strength and integrity
- Dyes in the carpet, colored dyes in objects on the carpet can cause discoloration
Homeowners can help manage the damage and assist with water cleanup immediately after the storm passes:
- Verify everyone is safe and accounted for
- Be careful of slips and falls on wet surfaces
- If possible, turn off all power sources in the affected area
- Avoid using lamps and other electrical equipment in the affected area
- Remove all items from the floor that could leak dyes into the wet carpet
- Support furniture legs with wood blocks under each or place tinfoil under each leg to prevent rust and discoloration
Our fast response, water cleanup, and drying can minimize the total damage.
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale for water cleanup services. We are
Why So Many in Downtown Chicago Choose SERVPRO's Mold Damage Team
Mold can grow anywhere there is a food and moisture source. Call SERVPRO at the first sign for complete remediation.
We Can Erase Mold Damage & Effects in Your Home
Mold can leave signs of its presence behind, even after remediation. Mold damage involves more than the physical changes seen on surfaces. Many homeowners in Chicago recognize the odor mold causes but don't know how to combat those unwanted aromas beyond using scented aerosols.
As a Downtown Chicago Licensed Operator, SERVPRO goes the extra step to ensure each customer is satisfied with our work, including eliminating odors from mold damage in your Chicago home. We know how to use technology to get to the source of those unpleasant odors for you.
Here are ways our IICRC trained team uses technology to make your house, post-mold remediation, comfortable for you:
- Locating where moisture is entering your residence
- Eradication of excess mold
- Highly effective odor control methods
Our team relies on equipment that helps us detect excess moisture and extract and get everything dried out. Infrared cameras give us an image that reveals cooler locations, often indicative of elevated moisture. Ensuring these places remain dry after our remediation process can prevent mold from returning.
Using different methods, we eliminate mold from surfaces like walls and floors, from the interior of your HVAC system's ducts and vents, and enclosed interior spaces like behind your tub surround. These techniques range from dry ice pellets blasted at high speed to freeze and remove mold particles to a spray-on application of an encapsulating agent that renders mold inert.
Once the microbial population is controlled, we can begin working on handling mold-related odors. One method we use to remove mold also controls odors, but we can do more than that to eliminate moldy scents. Depending on things in the area, we can use wet or dry fogging, time-release gel packs, aromatic oils, activated charcoal, and industrial strength masking agents that out-power handheld scented aerosols.
When you need mold and odor control experts, call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236. Even if we cannot detect an unwanted aroma, your nose is the golden standard in your home.
Handling Commercial Water Damage in Downtown Chicago Calls for Expertise
The first step to resolving commercial water damage is calling your local trained professionals at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Offers Commercial Water Damage Repair in Downtown Chicago
Water damage in a commercial establishment like a hotel can prevent you from doing business and affect the safety of your employees and patrons. Once you spot water damage signs, you must take action immediately. Commercial water damage repair requires a rigorous approach because of the structure and size of the building, the varying use of spaces, and the number of occupants.
There is a time constraint when handling commercial water damage in Downtown Chicago since business must continue quickly. Water damage can cause moisture to seep into structures like drywall, wood, and carpet floors, triggering issues like warped wood, damaged drywall, and mold infestation.
After enduring water damage, you must address multiple separate issues. That’s why SERVPRO’s water remediation services involve several steps. You may not require all services listed, but you can rest assured that we provide every service you need. We offer the following services:
- Water extraction
- Dry out
- Mold removal
- Building repair
This involves evaluating the affected areas using equipment like thermal imaging cameras to determine how far moisture traveled.
Our SERVPRO team can use pumps to remove water from the property. Pump strength is stated in terms of lift and volume capacity. If the stagnant water in your hotel is over two inches deep, our team can use submersible pumps with adequate volume capacity and lift capability to extract it.
We can use air movers to quickly dry out your property so we can proceed with the remaining restoration process. Our SERVPRO team can also use powerful, large dehumidifiers to draw water from floors and walls to prevent structural issues and bacteria buildup.
Following water damage, experiencing a mold infestation is common. SERVPRO uses effective techniques to remediate mold.
This phase of the restoration process involves repairing or rebuilding damaged walls, floors, and ceilings to restore a building to its preloss state.
Hotel owners can count on SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale to offer effective and fast commercial water damage repairs. For professional remediation, call us today at (630) 830-6236.
Fire Restoration Team Can Rebuild Burned Home in Downtown Chicago
SERVPRO provides high-quality fire damage restoration services. We have the manpower and equipment for every size of disaster.
Save Money with Fire Restoration Services
Sirens seem to be everywhere in downtown Chicago. When one of those screaming sirens belongs to your home and comes from the fire department, your next call should be to SERVPRO. Our fire restoration team can get everything back to normal again.
Downtown Chicago homes need fire restoration services from a professional and experienced team. Soot is messy, but fire can damage the structure and make your floors unsafe. Ceilings can become hazards waiting to fall on someone. Such destruction happens because of direct contact with the flames and the weight of the fire department’s water.
Now weakened, interior structures can hold even less than before. However, burned belongings and the newly introduced water make things extremely heavy. We handle this for you, restoring your home “Like it never even happened.”
We accomplish this for customers after a house fire by doing the following:
· Extract the water,
· Remove debris,
· Rebuild destroyed areas of the house, and
· Clean and deodorize.
We pump out the water, use extraction wands, set up and run desiccant machines, and use air movers to extract and dry out the house’s interior.
Debris can leave an odor, so we remove things that have no chance of a successful restoration. We list such items for insurance purposes and to make it easier for you to purchase new replacements.
We cut away destroyed materials. Included in this are carpets, drywall, paneling, doors, window frames, cabinets, and countertops. We take measurements, describe the material needed to replace the old, and keep the area clean for the contractor to work more easily.
Getting rid of the soot and smoke residues clinging to surfaces helps reduce the intensity of the bad odors. We also use highly effective deodorizing methods.
Each of these steps, and a few others, help rebuild your home, so it looks and smells like it did before. We know how important home is to a family, and we can help eliminate the stress involved in a disaster like a fire.
Contact SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236 for a professional fire restoration team. We are a “Downtown Chicago Licensed Operator.”
Water Cleanup and Restoration After a Plumbing Leak in Chicago
With advanced equipment, SERVPRO restores property to pre-damaged conditions, "Like it never even happened."
Does SERVPRO Remove Water from Carpets, Hardwood Floors, and Inside Walls in Chicago?
Leaking plumbing can quickly cover floors with water inside Chicago homes. Water covers hardwood floors and seeps between the hardwood planks to the subfloor, causing cupping, warping, and swelling. Carpets soak up water like a sponge, soaking the carpet, the underpad, and the subfloor. Leaks inside walls fill the spaces between the studs or underneath cupboards made of compressed wood chips. Unless the water can be removed quickly, a great deal of secondary damage may occur.
SERVPRO provides water cleanup services in Chicago and the surrounding areas. We respond to your home or business within four hours of your call, assess the situation, and immediately deploy equipment and team members to address the problem.
We use weighted water extractors to remove water from carpets and underpads. In some situations, lifting the carpet to dry the subfloor may be necessary, using air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
Hardwood floor drying mats are placed on hardwood floors to remove water between the planks and the subfloor. A vacuum sucks the moisture from the floor, and then dry air and dehumidifiers are used to dry the floor further.
The water behind drywall or inside cavities under cupboards is removed by drilling access holes and inserting vacuum wands to remove water. Dry air is blown into the cavities using specialized drying equipment and dehumidifiers. The fast action by the client making a call to SERVPRO and our response can significantly reduce secondary damage and opportunities for mold colonies to grow.
SERVPRO provides the following services:
- Water Clean up
- Water Damage Restoration
- Basement Flooding Cleanup and Ceiling Repairs
We also follow industry-standard processes to provide our clients with professional services:
- Inspection and damage assessment
- Water extraction and removal
- Dehumidification and drying
- Cleanup and repair
- Restoration of all areas affected by water damage
Call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale for water cleanup services. We provide service to Chicago and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (630) 830-6236.
What Can SERVPRO Do for Flood Damage Victims in Downtown Chicago?
Storm damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. We are ready at a moment's notice to help you out.
We Can Offer These Residents a Wide Range of Flood Damage Remediation Services.
When Downtown Chicago homeowners experience flood damage, they often call a reputable biohazard cleaning company like SERVPRO for assistance. We are usually their first choice because of our extensive training, nearly twenty years of experience, cutting-edge equipment, and vast service offerings.
We perform the following work to clean up and restore flood-damaged homes:
- Flood water removal services employing high-powered water extractors to complete water clean-up efforts rapidly
- Professional removal of hazardous wastes like toxic chemicals and sewage, as well as thorough home disinfection with state-of-the-art foggers and EPA-approved disinfectants
- Water damage remediation using advanced air movers, dehumidifiers, and innovative Injectidry systems
- Water damage repairs ranging from minor fixes to extensive rebuilds
- Home deodorization with commercial-grade deodorants
As you can see, regardless of the severity of your case, SERVPRO is your one-stop source for high-quality water damage remediation work.
With all that said, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale if your home ever suffers flood damage. As your helpful neighbors, we want to help return your residence to its pre-flood condition as soon as possible. Call us anytime at (630) 830-6236 for assistance.
You Need an Expert to Perform Fire Damage Restoration in Your Carol Stream Home
We can salvage your Carol Stream home following fire damage.
SERVPRO Performs Fire Restoration in Carol Stream Promptly
Fires are a source of great losses to homeowners, which is why many feel tempted to tackle fire damage by themselves to save some money. However, this is a job that only experienced individuals should carry out.
SERVPRO knows this and has thus brought together a team of experts who can perform fire restoration in your Carol Stream house in the shortest time possible. Some of the reasons why you should not attempt to complete the repairs yourself are:
- There is a high possibility of being exposed to hidden health hazards.
- You need special equipment that you might not have, but SERVPRO has it.
- There is a chance of discarding items and goods that professional restorers can salvage.
- The process of recovery might take longer than you anticipated.
Our SERVPRO technicians make sure your house is secure before we do anything by boarding up parts that were burnt down and immediately tarping the roof and windows to avoid weather damage. Our electric submersible pumps come in handy when extracting the water left behind by the fire suppression system or the firefighters to prevent the escalation of the disaster.
Our SERVPRO restorers are skilled in removing smoke and soot from the affected surfaces. We also use various professional products to remove the smoky smell associated with smoke residues and create a habitable environment in the process. The products bring about different deodorizing actions. For instance, we can use odor counteracting beads to eliminate the smells. They are made with a specially treated porous material permeated with solvent-based counteractants. These products are masking agents that work by time release. They give off appealing fragrances to freshen up the area restorers are treating.
If odors remain after we have used other deodorization procedures, we can seal the affected surfaces. We apply sealants to the surfaces to encapsulate the remaining odor residues.
Restoring your house after a fire is a task requiring efficiency. You should contact SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale at (630) 830-6236. We aim to make fire damage seem “Like it never even happened.”