A Few Mistakes to Avoid During the Holiday Season That Could Cause Fire Damage in Addison
Holiday Fire Damage a Possibility in Addison
Preparing for and enjoying the holiday season usually involves decorative displays of light. Trees, mantles, and celebratory scenes make use of strings of lights, often connected to extension cords in rooms crowded with other decor and family and friend gatherings. Candles and fireplaces add to the lively vibe. Excited pets or children, a trip or misstep by anyone, or an unattended open flame can transform festive to fiery. We can help with the aftermath.
Creating a cozy and welcoming ambiance during the holidays can expose you and your family to fire damage in Addison if safeguards are ignored bad luck intervenes. Electrical malfunctions in plugs and light cords create smoldering that takes time to discover before they spark into open flames. A candle too near a curtain or knocked over in the confusion of greeting guests or passing dishes on an overburdened dining table flares fast. Within minutes evacuating your loved ones becomes paramount and the firefighters arrive to minimize damage to your home.
After a holiday fire call SERVPRO day or night to start the remediation process immediately. Our IICRC trained crews arrive with fully-stocked service vehicles ready to manage all aspects of an accidental fire. Project managers assess the scenario, helping you decide to find short-term temporary housing during the cleanup, communicating on your behalf with your insurance carrier to make sure your out of pocket costs are covered.
Our team removes the fire-fighting chemicals and water and dry out the premises as a first step. SERVPRO crew members analyze the types of soot and debris left in the affected areas, matching products and tools with their specific characteristics. Electric fires and the smoldering of linens deposit a thick, sticky coating requiring cleaning products with powerful wetting agents and surfactants to loosen it before our technicians wipe it away. If the fire involved foods or grease, we might need solvents and abrasive equipment to clear it away.
Deodorization specialists among our technicians work on the persistent malodors that can linger. The slow-burning releases particles that might respond best to thermal fogging, recreating the conditions that caused the odor to eliminate it. SERVPRO also invests in cutting-edge equipment like hydroxyl generators that use oxidation to neutralize smells at a molecular level.
SERVPRO of Carol Stream / East Bloomingdale responds fast when your holidays take an unexpected turn for the worst. No matter when a fire breaks out a call to (630) 830-6236 gets help on the way 24/7.
Click here for more about Addison.